Join Masaba Canada Team
Launch Your Career At
WORK WITH US
A Family Operated Manufacturing Facility
At Masaba we want you to thrive in an enviroment that supports growth. We attract and keep the best talent by spending the time to get to know each other. We care, and invest in our employees to help them achieve success.
We are an inclusive company, and have a roster of individuals with diverse backgrounds and thoughts. Leaders who create solutions that drive our companies achievements and contribute to our customers success.
MECHANICAL DESIGN TECHNOLOGIST
- Prepare concept, and design and production drawings with supporting calculations and material data ensuring that designs meet the performance criteria and manufacturing capabilities.
- Provide support in checking detailed drawings and bills of materials (BOM)s
- Specify system components for products to ensure conformance with engineering design standards and performance criteria
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Apply fundamental engineering principles along with advanced analytical techniques throughout the design process
- Maintain thorough documentation for all aspects of assigned projects
- Confer with other personnel to resolve system malfunctions production issues or challenges and provide technical information
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations for improvement
- Work with manufacturing and engineering teams to provide cost effective solutions to design challenges
- Post secondary education in Engineering
- Design experience in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment
- Eligibility for licensing through OACETT or PEO is preferred
- Proven work experience with 3D solid modeling. Inventor experience preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exposure to hydraulic and electrical systems an asset
- Strong abilities in welding engineering and structural engineering (and finite element method) an asset
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Knowledge and experience with hydraulics
- Experienced trailer mechanic
Lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, stackers, conveyors, feed bins, Jaw Plants.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Follow direction
- Adhere to and practice Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
- Proper use and knowledge of PPE.
- Works well in a team environment, promotes positivity and reinforces safe work practices
Oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) (TIG), Gas metal arc welding (GMAW), Flux core arc welding (FCAW)
- Select appropriate paint or mix paints using automated paint mixing equipment according to a predetermined formula
- Operate or tend equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare items for application of paint, lacquer or other protective or decorative coatings
- Operate or tend automated spray paint, dip or flow coating equipment or other mechanized painting or product coating application equipment
- Operate hand-held spray guns to spray paint or coat stationary items or items on moving conveyor system with protective or decorative coatings
- Paint small items and apply touch-ups using paint brushes
- Clean and maintain painting and coating, ventilation, compressed air and personal protective equipment
- May prepare and apply stencils, computer-generated decals or other decorative items on finished products.
Brake Press Operator
- The press operator is responsible for handling press operations for the manufacturing division of the organization. The operator uses andelectrically powered industrial machine to create, shape and customize metal materials.
- Perform typical press operations to produce materials according to specifications and on schedule.
- Inspect the materials produced for quality and conformity; correct any inconsistencies.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.